Friday, June 11, 2010

Dinner idea


Here's a delicious, easy dinner idea for you all. This is a meal I always thought of as a treat when my mom made it growing up, and it's so easy! However, I don't know what you'd call it...

Ingredients:
Smoked Sausage
Fresh pineapple
Green bell pepper

Brown rice

Bring skillet to medium heat. Meanwhile, chop ingredients. Add about a tablespoon olive oil to skillet and add peppers. Saute for a couple minutes, then add sausage. Let cook, stirring occasionally until it starts to brown. Add pineapple and cook till everything is hot. Serve over cooked brown rice. Yum.

I think I served this with corn on the cob or watermelon, some summer produce item.

Another plus about this meal is that it is very cheap to make. I only used about half of the sausage (a little over $1). The pineapple was $1 and I only used about 1/4 of that. One bell pepper, about $ .50. Rice, cheap. Anyway, you get the idea...all in all, the meal was definitely under $5.

3 comments:

  1. i was just coming on here to post something since i haven't been on since my grilling class... but i'll wait until the weekend to post pics with the recipes. :o)

    this looks tasty. i don't think we've ever bought sausage but this looks tasty!! i bet canadian bacon or ham pieces would be tasty as well!(?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that DOES sound/look pretty tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks good!

    we grill polish smoked sausage fairly often.

    i don't like hot dogs or brats or any other kind of sausage besides that! :)

    ReplyDelete