Monday, March 8, 2010

Parmesan Breadsticks

Here's the breadstick recipe, Amy! I made it yesterday for my family (immediate and grandparents) so I made the full recipe. When I make it just for us, I only do half the recipe.

3 C warm water
2 T yeast
6 C flour
1/4 C sugar
1 T salt

parmesan cheese and garlic salt

Combine top five ingredients and knead approx 3 minutes (note, this is not using a bread mixer/kitchen aid). Melt a stick of butter and pour half into each of two nine by thirteen pans. Put half the dough in each pan and spread out to cover the bottom of the pan. Use a pizza cutter to cut in half across the width and then into 1/2 in strips the long way. Cover with parmesan and garlic salt. Let rise for fifteen minutes. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Yum! These are so delish.

Also, I just put the stuff for THIS recipe in the crockpot (followed the instructions for swapping out the hominy). Hopefully it is yummy! I'm going to serve with chips and have sour cream and green onion to top (for me at least).

1 comment:

  1. yum! breadsticks sound great. and the chili sounds tasty as well! i would swap out hominy too! :) tasty! you are so good w. homemade meals. i need to improve with that. grocery shopping might help.

    ReplyDelete